Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Muftism and Nazism


Many years ago, in 1992-1993, I was studying history at the University of Leicester, England and during my leisure hours I began to collect material on the Mufti of Jerusalem, Hajj Amin al-Husseini, and his Nazi collaboration during the World War II era. I worked on that for a while and the product became known as Muftism and Nazism, and was slightly updated during my studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 1995.


This short esssay was published at my former website some years later and somehow gained momentum in the world of the internet where it can be found at various locations. I have received many emails concerning this subject, the latest one only a couple of days ago.


I have not had time to update this essay and perhaps I don't have to or should not. Maybe this essay should stand as it is.
I am planning to re-publish this essay here, at this blog, one piece at a time.
Hopefully we can learn something from this lesson of the dangers of collaborating with evil or what happens when two evil minds come together.

No comments: